I appreciated that it mixed up the usual formula! Especially enjoyed the first episode and its twist.
The remainder sadly couldn’t keep up with that first episode, however. In my opinion there was too much fighting, too many exposition dumps, etc. It was full of weird shit which should have been interesting, but it often felt like it came from out of nowhere.
My biggest complaint though is that it suffered from a lack of resolution. Just kind of ended in the middle. And we have barely even probed the surface of Akari’s character, which for me has been the most interesting part.
- Storytelling – B – Petered out after the first episode.
- Voice – B – Unique concept!
- Characters – B – One of the strongest parts.
- Attention Grab – B – Interest dropped a bit in the middle.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – B-
Recommendations – Talentless Nana, El Cazador de la Bruja