Like the title says.
Pretty much every other show is an isekai now and it’s honestly way too much, even for me, who generally likes isekai. But this one was decent…
I think the main thing that sets it apart is the protagonist is actually a decent character. He’s this overpowered guy, sure, but he failed in his previous life and he has lots of doubts. I mean it’s not the deepest character or anything but it’s way better than what we usually get. I also like how the female characters have some fairly dark backgrounds too.
Plus the aesthetics of onmyouji shit is nice. Decent show but not the greatest ever or anything.
- Storytelling – B – Much more interesting than the typical show in the genre.
- Voice – B – Liked the onmyouji stuff.
- Characters – B – Main character (and the rest) all decent.
- Attention Grab – B – Kept my interest.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – B-
Recommendations – There are way too many isekai to pick from… I did like that Twin Exorcists show but it’s really nothing like this.