A police inspectors inspects. His friends eat lots of sweets.
This was amazing. Shows like this are the reason I still watch anime.
What makes ACCA so great is that it shows instead of tells what the characters are thinking. And the characters are all lying to each other, so you often have no idea what they’re thinking. But you can guess. And all the tiny gestures and expressions the characters elicit provide plenty of fodder from which to speculate on their intentions.
I like how they do this with pretty much every single character, especially the main character. For 90% of the show, we have no idea what this guy is thinking, but he acts unbelievably suspicious. I’ll admit that I thought for most of the show he was involved in some sort of kickback scheme. (Actually, now that I think about, the show never explicitly refuted that theory…)
In short, a spectacular show. This is the level anime should strive for.
- Storytelling – A – Amazing use of gesture and expressions to tell everything.
- Voice – A – Goofy when you think about it but totally believable.
- Characters – A – All have their own motivations, but you have to think about it.
- Attention Grab – A – Kept me glued to the screen.
- Production – A – Looks great. Excellent voice acting.
- Overall – A-
Recommendations – Hourou Musuko, Hyouka, Simoun
1 thought on “ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Review — A-”