Adachi is totally normally and not a lesbian as she dreams of her girlfriend’s amazing thighs.
This was sooo good which is shocking considered it’s by the author of Denpa Onna which really sucked. Let’s face it, anime romances tend to be crap. The only good ones are Makoto Shinkai movies, or super dramatic ones like True Tears, or comedic ones like Gamers, where the enjoyable part is not the romance itself. Adachi and Shimamura is the rate show where you can actually understand why the characters would like each other. They’re plagued with self-doubts and confusion as they both get to know each other better and get to know themselves better. You get a chance to look into each of their heads and understand what they’re both feeling and that sounds like it could be boring but it isn’t at all, this was consistently one of the shows I enjoyed most all season. They’re very interesting characters and there is a lot to think about. I really like Hyoton’s theory that they are both neurodiverse which is part of what makes it so interesting.
The one thing I thought was dumb is the astronaut girl, but whatever.
- Storytelling – B – Good pacing, like how you can get inside their heads.
- Voice – B – The art style is nice, the astronaut is dumb.
- Characters – A – Gaaaah I hope they can be happy and Adachi can rest her head everyday on those delicious thighs
- Attention Grab – B – A little bit slow but still fascinating!
- Production – B – Looks good.
- Overall – B+