An asshole goes traveling.
I mostly enjoyed this, except how the main character is such a horrible person and doesn’t got called out enough bothered me. The worst episode is the one where she visits this family with a slave, she befriends the slave, acts slightly peeved, and then she leaves and is like “meh, nothing I can do” while simultaneously clearing her conscience by protecting the slave from getting beaten once. She’s a traveler so it’s not her place to do anything about it. What a load of bullshit. She starts a fucking war when some random girl insults her breast size. To be fair though, it does seem to reflect the feelings of many travelers in the real world.
The last episode was quite nice, it called out Elaina a little bit on her bullshit.
Also she is totally a lesbian and is just in denial.
- Storytelling – B – I suspect this is one of those cases where the adapters did a great job with the material they were given.
- Voice – C – Kind of half-assed setting like Kino’s Journey
- Characters – B – Elaina is an asshole but it portrayed her very well.
- Attention Grab – A – Kept my interest no problem.
- Production – B – Looks good.
- Overall – B-
Recommendations – Kino’s Journey