Kino goes on a journey.
Ok, so I watched this just so I could make fun of the pretentiousness with which people seemed to treat the previous Kino’s journey, which I only watched the first episode of. But then, I found myself enjoying it quite a bit. I failed.
It’s an episodic show, so my mileage varied greatly between arcs. Some were boring or stupid. A few were really good. I especially enjoyed the country of liars, as well as the episode about Kino’s childhood.
From what I gather, Kino’s character is quite different in this iteration than in the previous anime. Kino is a total asshole here. It’s great. I love this version of Kino. And it definitely doesn’t lend itself to the degree of respect with which I gathered that the previous season was afforded.
- Storytelling – C – Varies greatly by story.
- Voice – B – Setting is dumb and inconsistent but it works.
- Characters – B – Kino is such a dick. It’s great.
- Attention Grab – C – Varied by story. Some boring, some great.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – B-
Recommendations – Mushishi
3 thoughts on “Kino’s Journey (2017) Review — B-”
Fucking sheep man