Dumbass kids have zero communication skills.
I loved S2 soooo much, I thought S1 was “meh”, and this one was… average. I kind of want to rewatch S2 to see if it was actually as amazing as I remember feeling at the time. Did anyone else feel similarly?
This season was good but it annoyed me. These kids are arguing about all this crap like the prom and… it’s such bullshit? Who cares. Get over yourselves. Just say what you mean and 99% of your problems would be solved. Prom sucks anyway so you’re better off if it’s cancelled. Look, I’ll admit it, I’m a schemer like the main guy, for my job I shamelessly manipulate people into doing what I want all the time. But the way he does it is just so dumb and ineffective. Why don’t you just be honest with what you want??? People would respect and listen to you a hell of a lot more if you could do that.
These kids also don’t understand friendship. You know you can talk to people outside of school and for things that aren’t related to work? Love is not a zero-sum game? Just have a three-way marriage already and be done with it.
- Storytelling – B – I had difficulty following a lot of the conflicts this season. It all seemed so abstract. I felt like if I were in the show I would bang some heads together and all their problems would be easily solved. Maybe I was just not in the right mood for this. All their problems seem so trivial compared to real life at the moment.
- Voice – A – We’ve seen a million high school shows but this one still feels fresh.
- Characters – A – Definitely strong continuing on from previous seasons..
- Attention Grab – C – I struggled to follow it sometimes, especially in this prom arc. I’d perk up whenever Iroha showed up and quickly zone out once the main trio started acting emo again.
- Production – B – Looking good!
- Overall – B-