Wtf. I thought the first season was okay. But this second season completely blew me away. I finally understand why Froggy loves this so much.
I think the best part is how the creators don’t assume the audience is composed of idiots without any emotional intelligence. It doesn’t have the character say “I am sad.” It actually shows them acting sad. Or they hide how they feel (to varying degrees of effectiveness) and you have to figure it out yourself.
Furthermore, it just feels pretty true to life. Like with Hikki’s ex. Or with that stupid club president from the other school who just kept spouting buzzwords. I’ve certainly been there before…
I absolutely loved this second season of Oregairu.
- Storytelling – A – Amazing.
- Voice – A – Hikki’s attitude keeps things unique.
- Characters – A – They really came into their own this season. I can’t think of a single character I didn’t love.
- Attention Grab – A – Always kept my interest.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – A-