Criminals attempt a big heist.
From the first episode, I thought this would be a fun, brainless romp with lots of explosions and lots of style. It turns out I was only wrong about the brainless part and a little about the fun part. It got quite dark in the middle! And usually in anime, the ending will be a disappointment, but in Akudama Drive it was the opposite— the ending surpassed everything that had come before it.
Fuck the police.
- Storytelling – B – Great ending! Not a huge fan of the little kids subplot.
- Voice – A – Great sense of style. Kind of dark colors though.
- Characters – B – Fairly simple but they worked. Think the best done was the fake yakuza.
- Attention Grab – B – Waned a bit in the middle.
- Production – A – Looks amazing.
- Overall – B+
Recommendations – Psycho Pass