Love, elections, and chocolate. Like the title indicates, the show has no idea what it wants to do and goes in three totally separate directions which fail to fit together.
- Love. Everyone is in love with MC-kun for no apparent reason. And most of these girls are unbelievably annoying, with high pitched voices to match. Two do nothing but eat candy. One talks like a five year old and makes random inventions. One has cat ears and sits around looking sad. One is actually a guy. Another refuses to open her eyes. All of them are in love with the same guy, and none of them know why. They should have just left the love part out of this show.
- Elections. The student council is serious business. They have spies running around getting murdered, billions of dollars are being funneled through this school, the security committee has the authority to make arrests, and “scholarship” students are used as indentured servants in factories. And why are our protagonists involved in the elections? Because they don’t want the food club to be shut down for being totally useless. These are the forces of justice, and this is the most noble of quests. Excuse me while I don’t give a shit. They should have just left the elections part out of the show.
- Chocolate. I don’t even know what this was about. Yeah, yeah, I fail as a reviewer, but for the last three episodes I didn’t even care anymore. I think the lead girl’s brother got run over by a car and she made the main character replace her brother by giving him her chocolate because she didn’t like chocolate… or something like that. Anyway, corny drama. This ended up tying in with the elections because the girl who got murdered was useless neko-mimi girl’s friend, and… Anyway, you get the point. This drama stuff was the most painful part of the show to sit through. The show would have been better off without it.
And there we have it, the three parts combine to make a show that never should have been made in the first place. The “love” part is outdone by the most generic of generic harems, the elections are contrived and illogical, and the drama makes Key stories seem reasonable.
So, was Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate the worst show of the season? I’m going to go with yes. This is a pointless exercise in deciding which stinkbug is the stinkiest, but Hagure Yuusha no Estetica at least had no illusions about what it was supposed to be. KoiSenkyo, on the other hand, was utterly vapid and pointless.
- Storytelling – F – What’s the point?
- Voice – F – Knocked me right out.
- Characters – F – Awful female characters.
- Attention Grab – F – No.
- Production – D – Meh.
- Overall – F
Recommendations – Eat some chocolate.