Magical girls return.
I don’t know why this got a spinoff. It didn’t need one.
But whatever. It happened. Wasn’t that great. Wasn’t that bad. Will probably never think about it again after today.
It does the usual Shaft thing where it has the “clever” dialogue and looks gorgeous but I don’t know why I should care. Definitely did not live up to the original by any stretch of the imagination.
- Storytelling – C – Couldn’t keep me engaged.
- Voice – A – Cool style as usual.
- Characters – B – Good conceptually I think but held back by their style from developing them.
- Attention Grab – D – Really struggled to keep my attention.
- Production – A – Looks great. Loved all the witch scenes especially.
- Overall – C
Recommendations – Madoka Magica