The Minami family continues to lounge around at home.
This is the fourth season, so you should already know what you’re getting into at this point. If not, Minami-ke is a comedy show with a bunch of short skits showing the lives of three sisters and their friends. The first season was pretty good, the second season doesn’t exist, and the third was just okay. Fortunately, the fourth season was more in line with the first, and quite enjoyable.
Hosaka got a lot of screentime, which was wonderful. I particularly liked the skit where Chiaki got brainwashed into liking vegetables.
This show has some great shipping, but I can never decide who to ship. There are too many good choices. It’s even worse than Fire Emblem. Plus I know that none of the relationships are ever going to go anywhere.
- Storytelling – B – Some pretty funny skits.
- Voice – C – Follows the well-established precedent set by its predecessors.
- Characters – B – One of this show’s greatest strengths: a very well established cast.
- Attention Grab – C – Some of the skits can lose my interest, but at least they’re short.
- Production – C – Nothing special. I wonder if I should just remove this category from my reviews, seeing as how I generally have nothing to say…
- Overall – B-
Recommendations – School Rumble, Working, Nichibros