Sasami has the powers of a god but doesn’t want to get out of bed.
I don’t really know what this was supposed to be about. I guess in essence it’s a story about a girl making friends. Whoop-dee-doo. Plus a ton of Shinto mumbo-jumbo and robots shooting missiles. And please don’t tell me that if I knew more about Shinto I would appreciate this series more. No. Even if I understood more of the jargon I doubt this would make that much sense, much less be a logical story, much less be a story that I gave a crap about.
- Storytelling – F – Incoherent, solely an excuse for Shinbo’s visual porn.
- Voice – C – I do kind of like the setup with the Shinto in a modern setting. Too bad they didn’t use this to tell a decent story.
- Characters – D – Terrible. I liked the teacher’s design but she never did much besides make cool poses. Tama made me want to punch her everytime she appeared. My goodness, I don’t see how you could create such an annoying character if you tried.
- Attention Grab – D – Each episode generally kept my attention, as I tried to figure out what the hell was going on and looked at the pretty explosions. However, I was never particularly anxious to watch the next episode.
- Production – B – I have to admit, it’s pretty.
- Overall – D
Recommendations – If you liked this just go through the rest of Shinbo’s catalog. Not that I would recommend it.