Daily Lives of High School Boys (or Nichibros) tells the story of a group of high school boys attending— you guessed it— high school. It’s a comedy which parodies a wide range of subjects, but the butts of many of the jokes are high school girls.
I loved this show, since from my perspective it gives a much more accurate portrayal of high school than most anime, such as K-On. High school girls are indeed archdemons, not moe musicians.
A few of the jokes miss, but most of the time this show left me laughing uproariously. Nichibros’ brand of humor is probably closest to Gintama— ridiculous, over the top, and direct. The characters each have their own quirks which make them unique and memorable.
Nichibros even had one of the best romances of the season. All in all, I enjoyed the show immensely. Let’s hope we get more “slice of life” high school shows like this and less like Kimi to Boku.
- Storytelling – A – Excellent delivery of jokes.
- Voice – B – I particularly liked how the sisters were shown without eyes, and the girls’ portrayals as demons.
- Characters – B – I couldn’t remember their names (which was one of the recurring jokes) but I knew who they were.
- Attention Grab – A – My attention didn’t wander.
- Production – B – Not beautiful, but that’s not too important for this kind of show.
- Overall – B+
Recommendations – Gintama, Nichijou, Lucky Star
10 thoughts on “Daily Lives of High School Boys Review — B+”
I love literature girl
Me too. She’s great.