Onmyoujis go to school in Tokyo.
A somewhat generic premise. Kids go to school, become friends, save the world from evil. But with cool onmyouji shit! So I liked it a lot. Even if I had no clue what was going on half the time. Like with everything involving the chief priest, Harutora’s lost memories, and the ending.
Interesting characters (psycho blondie is my favorite, obviously, although the cross-dressing girl is a close second), sweet onmyouji battles, decent romance (although nothing great), and evil conspiracies.
- Storytelling – C – Can be rather confusing with everyone being reincarnated and stuff… Lost me a lot.
- Voice – B – Onmyoujis! Magic! Magic mecha thingies! Yay!
- Characters – B – I always like it when shows have a cast which pays equal attention to both genders. Although there are a lot of girls interested in Harutora, I wouldn’t call it a harem. I was rather confused about what most of the adults were doing, but the kids made for some good characters. Kon was annoying sometimes.
- Attention Grab – B – Lots of explosions, it knows how to please.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – B
Recommendations – Shana, Kekkaishi, Inu X Boku SS