Middle schoolers fall in love.
This was great. Does a great job of capturing the feeling of being a dumb kid in love. Not the most realistic, since the relationship lasts more than a month or two, but that’s okay.
I especially enjoyed the portrayal of the adults. It reminded me of Hourou Musuko into how it plays close attention to the intimate details of everyone’s relationship’s. The only ones I feel it failed on was with the main boy’s friends. Their relationship was vaguely homoerotic and that was all there was to it.
But overall, an excellent series. Hope we see more shows like this.
- Storytelling – A – Has one focus and stays there.
- Voice – A – Nice art style, unique feel for a common subject.
- Characters – A – Perfectly captures this age group.
- Attention Grab – B – A bit slow, some of the texting scenes were a chore.
- Production – A – Love the art.
- Overall – A-