As always, extensive research and deep thought went into this.
Usually I have no idea what to expect from an anime series beforehand, but for this season, that seems even more true than usual. Some thoughts:
- The one thing I have no doubt about is that Boku Dake ga Inai Machi is going to be fucking amazing. This is one of my favorite mangas ever. It’s going to be awesome.
- The Nijiro Days manga is also great, so I’m looking forward to that one too.
- I’m cautiously optimistic about the PA Works show about the band, since I love band. But it will probably end up just like Tari Tari… It does say it’s a mystery though so perhaps there’s some hope.
- The description of the new KyoAni fantasy series sounds pretty stupid, but I’m guessing it’s just a bad description. I think since it’s by KyoAni it will at least be as good as Kyokai no Kanata. It’s also based on a novel (not a light novel) which is always a promising sign.
- Gate S2 will probably suck at least as much as the last season of Gate.
- Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu sounds interesting from the description. But who knows.
- Ajin sounds cool from the description too.
- There’s a lot of fantasy shows, which is great, I love fantasy. Most of them are based on light novels though and will probably suck. Hopefully we’ll get at least one or two decent ones. The descriptions for all these shows sound indistinguishable so I’m not going to even try to guess how they’ll turn out.
- There’s a lot of really weird shows this season… like the one about team parkour, the sushi police, the love comedy about the guy who loves marshmallows (wtf?!!!), the one with the girl who loves candy stores, and the one about Greek gods becoming idols. Any one of these could turn out to be absolutely brilliant but it’s much more likely they’ll suck.
This last season was fairly disappointing for me. A few good shows as always, but nothing truly great. I think the next season should be an improvement.