Discrimination is bad.
I don’t understand why people like this show so much. I didn’t think it was anything special. Maybe it’s just that there has been a shortage of shows lately that could even be loosely considered mecha.
I did like in the first half having the girl sympathizing with the 86 be part of the ruling class and being a bit of a hypocrite. But the 86 themselves, as well as the entire war, were never all that interesting. When the the second half of the show focused entirely on them (and introduced the stupid loli) I lost what little interest remained.
The show would have been better served just ending with the 86 charging gloriously into battle, honestly. The second half was pointless. But these light novels just never end.
- Storytelling – C – The telling from an anime adaptation perspective was pretty good, the story itself was not.
- Voice – C – Setting was very hard for me to accept.
- Characters – C – The main girl was fine. Couldn’t stand the rest.
- Attention Grab – D – Lost all interest in second half.
- Production – B – Looks pretty good.
- Overall – C-
Recommendations – Code Geass, Cross Ange