Carnivores and herbivores go to school together. Probably a bad idea.
I have mixed feelings about this. By any objective measure it’s great— excellent sense of style, it feels like you’re watching a play the drama club would put on. Beautiful artwork, characters with depth, it’s kind of bizarre (for example, a love triangle with a wolf, deer and a rabbit). There’s a lot to like.
But at the same time, it never gripped me. I never especially looked forward to watching any given episode, although I did for much more dumb shows like the dungeon boonies show. So… a good show but never really captured my interest. Hopefully this will differ for others.
Perhaps part of the problem is how it feels like a play, which I praised earlier. There is an emotional distance you feel from the show while watching…
(Also, the ending was stupid.)
- Storytelling – B – Interesting ideas with carnivores having to live with herbivores.
- Voice – B – Gave the sense of watching a play.
- Characters – A – A great deal of thought went into them.
- Attention Grab – C – Trouble keeping my interest.
- Production – A – Looks great.
- Overall – B
Recommendations – Houseki no Kuni, BNA