Lesbians fight monsters from urban legends.
This one grew on me. I was kind of bored at the start, but my interest grew in the second half as it got more weird with the cat world and rescuing the American army and stuff.I liked the main couple too— I think lesbian romances often turn out better in anime due to some kind of refusal to put any effort into male characters. At least that’s what it often feels like. So when you have two women it’s much stronger. The main couple here complements each other and you can see what they like about each other.
The monsters and the world are weird and creepy. Overall I’m glad I watched it, even if I wouldn’t do so again.
- Storytelling – C – Took some time to build up.
- Voice – B – Cool setting and creepy feeling when it wants to.
- Characters – B – Had strong personalities and flaws.
- Attention Grab – C – Interest built in the second half but a weak start.
- Production – C – Looks fine.
- Overall – C+
Recommendations – Shiki, Serial Experiments Lain