Like the title says.
This is an unusual case, where I think the anime creators actually did a pretty great job with the material they’ve been given. The show’s well animated, the story’s well told, it has a good sense of humor and pacing. But ultimately it can’t rise above the story and characters which suck balls.
As one example of this which I thought was kind of funny, there was one decent character in the show. So the final arc was battling an army of her evil clones. It was dumb but it worked pretty well.
Still, the story is as bland as they come.
- Storytelling – F – Magic kids go to a lame school.
- Voice – C – They really tried.
- Characters – D – Sophie is fine. Everyone else is awful.
- Attention Grab – C – I did finish.
- Production – B – Looks pretty decent.
- Overall – C
Recommendations – Try to have something to say instead of just copying every other story. (or at least pick a good story to copy…)