Dead people fight in Shibuya.
I played the DS game a decade ago (?) and I’m pretty sure I liked the game better. It was fine, but never really got me excited. It might be because I already mostly knew what was coming from the game.
I think one of the main issues was it didn’t get me invested in the main character. Or in the side characters, really…
The music and art style were fabulous.
- Storytelling – C – Couldn’t fully draw me in.
- Voice – A – Awesome style.
- Characters – C – Never drew me. I think they should have been interesting but the show failed to communicate this.
- Attention Grab – C – Never especially excited to watch.
- Production – A – Looks and sounds great.
- Overall – C-
Recommendations – Angel Beats