You’re made of meat.
Talk about a complete collapse between seasons. The first season wasn’t my favorite anime or anything, but on its own I would have rated it a C+ or B-. It’s this escape horror thing where the children are raised in a farm and will soon be eaten by demons and they are training themselves to escape. It was a perfectly serviceable anime.
Then the second season… just… what the fuck? It was like a slide show of delivering plot points as fast as possible. It was hard to follow, lacked any emotional impact or attachment to the characters, and was a complete disaster. Apparently partway through the series, the credits for the writer even disappeared. So it had no credited writer. It certainly showed…
- Storytelling – F – Completely disintegrated.
- Voice – C – World and setting are fine.
- Characters – B – They were good!
- Attention Grab – C – Second season… what happened…
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – D