Nobody knows what to do with their life.
I loved this, it’s in the tradition of Just Because in the somewhat more thoughtful romance story. It also examines people who have graduated and are not sure what to do with their life, just making by day to day. It’s quite unusual to get an anime about people like this and I loved it.
The one thing I hated was the ending. I do think it is a suitable ending (spoilers)— they all continue to make poor decisions but are at least able to accept them. But yeah, they are all idiots. It’s kind of amazing when the manic pixie dream girl is the most rational and grounded of the characters. But eh, I enjoyed it throughout, and the ending does make sense given the premise. They’re growing but continuing to make very stupid, easily avoided mistakes. And really have no clue how to love each other.
- Storytelling – B – Relatively subtle, often told through body language and gestures.
- Voice – A – Love the setting!
- Characters – B – They’re pretty good. Although I hated the whole little brother storyline.
- Attention Grab – B – Kept my interest!
- Production – A – Nice art style!
- Overall – B+