Middle school girls throw temper tantrums over nothing. Their school counselor leads them towards suicide. Shit blows up.
This was painful to watch. I thought the drama at my middle school was ridiculous, but Black Rock Shooter makes real middle schoolers look mentally and emotionally stable. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with these people? They all need to be checked into an insane asylum.
Aside from that, the story makes no bloody sense. There are two worlds: the real world filled with insane middle school girls, and the world of colors where these girls’ avatars fight each other endlessly. The other world looks cool, I guess, and the fights are well made. But they are utterly pointless and between characters that I couldn’t care less about. It’s just fighting for the sake of fighting and making cool visuals.
Avoid this at all costs unless you enjoy watching kids throw temper tantrums.
- Storytelling – F - I fail to see why this show was ever made.
- Voice – F - Reminds me of everything I hate in life.
- Characters – F - Someone please bring these children to the hospital and prosecute their counselor for gross criminal negligence.
- Attention Grab – F - The school life makes me want to run away from the screen (note how late this review is) and I don’t care about the fighters.
- Production – B - The fights looked pretty cool.
- Overall – F
Recommendations – No.