I’m not sure why this series needed a sequel. The last season has a solid conclusion. No more was necessary.
But, given that we did received a sequel, it fared pretty well. There wasn’t too much new development plotwise. We get a new character, Pink, who has a crush on Yuuta and needs to get over him. This part was well done. I was actually hoping Yuuta would break up with Rikka…
As the original season did, this second series had some excellent comedy. One of my personal favorite episodes involved the club entering a napping competition. Yes, that’s right, a napping competition.
- Storytelling – B – Great comedy, excellent story with pink, but I’m not sure why we needed a sequel.
- Voice – A – Lots of crazy chuuni battles.
- Characters – B – Same great characters from before, plus a few others. Excellent Nibutani and Deko shipping.
- Attention Grab – A – Kept my interest throughout with its humor..
- Production – A – It looks gorgeous.
- Overall – B-
Recommendations – Hyouka, Kokoro Connect, Lucky Star