A concert band aims for nationals.
I’m not going to finish blogging since it ended like a month ago now. (The short version of what I would have said is, they should have lost the competition, they are totally lesbians, Taki-sensei is still an ass, and I’m glad that saxophone girl didn’t regret quitting.)
This show is great. I love how it portrays a band, something I did for years and years. It captures the feeling quite well. Playing your instruments together, the group politics that develop, how some people are really competitive while others don’t care, etc. It captured all these feelings perfectly.
The characterizations are excellent. It has some of the best anime romance I’ve seen (a.k.a. none of the romance works out (except for the lesbians)). It’s bittersweet and sad and funny.
I can’t recommend Hibike Euphonium enough. It’s almost as good as Hyouka.
- Storytelling – A – Wonderful. Great drama and conflicts.
- Voice – A – This is one of the only anime I can think of that comes close to questioning the value of ganbarimasuing all the time.
- Characters – A – Unforgettable. Non-Asuka euphonium senpai is best girl.
- Attention Grab – A – Never bored.
- Production – A – Beautiful.
- Overall – A-
Recommendations – Hyouka