A boy tries to get revenge on a girl by making her fall in love with him.
I really like the idea of this. I like most premises involving revenge. There’s nothing I hate more than the shows where everybody gets along. Talk about boring.
Unfortunately, Masamune-kun no Revenge takes the idea of revenge and mostly forgets about it. The main character himself usually forgets that he’s doing it all for revenge. So it turns into just a normal harem show, except the main girl is intended to be an asshole. The guy’s also an asshole so I guess they’re a good fit, but it’s not really the kind of ship I can get behind.
And everything outside of the main couple and their constant bickering is simply forgettable. This is coming from someone who kind of likes the manga, too. But it’s harder to skim the anime than the manga when you hit the dull parts.
- Storytelling – C –Decent premise that it does nothing with.
- Voice – C – Turned into a fairly typical school harem.
- Characters – C – Everyone aside from the main two is forgettable.
- Attention Grab – C – Lost my interest.
- Production – B – Looks ok.
- Overall – C