Kids treat life like a video game and go through a training arc.
We talked about this on our podcast episode so I won’t say too much. But, in the latter episodes, they did address my main criticism, that what they were doing was inauthentic and they probably wouldn’t get what they actually wanted like that. I still think they are taking life way too seriously and I don’t like the red-haired girl, but the show ended with a happy middle ground. (Even if they still take themselves way too seriously. Please chill.)
But yeah, Oregairu is better.
- Storytelling – B – Does set up an interesting conflict!
- Voice – C – School setting, very focused on the theme, aside from that not too much there.
- Characters – C – Main character is pretty boring, so are the others. The only ones I would say I like are the asshole characters— the red haired girl and the bully who gets mad because he keeps losing at super smash brothers.
- Attention Grab – C – Would zone out occasionally.
- Production – B – It’s fine.
- Overall – C+