It’s time for some revenge.
I liked the setting, in an alternate universe where the Meiji restoration never happened and imagining the alternate history that could have been. (Even if it’s highly influenced by magic and stuff.) And it’s in one of my favorite time periods for anime, which is usually avoided. The concept could be interesting of this team of magical assassins eventually falling apart like the rest of the shogunate. And the main character is cool.
Overall, however, I was disappointed by Joran. It never managed to grab me emotionally, despite all the people dying and stuff. Like what happened with the little girl and the pregnant woman— lmao. How half-assed. I feel like that’s a good description for this entire show.
- Storytelling – C – Not the most compelling.
- Voice – B – Cool time period and world. The magic stuff is kind of dumb though.
- Characters – C – Honestly, kind of boring.
- Attention Grab – C – I finished.
- Production – C – Looks fine. Way too dark…
- Overall – C
Recommendations – Senkou no Night Raid, Mars Red (why are there two of these this season…?)