Vampires join the army.
Honestly, I don’t get it. Not sure if it’s me or the show on this one. What was this show trying to say? I have no idea. Possibly nothing much. It had some good elements, like an interesting setting, but ended up just feeling pointless. It had a few good episodes (like the one where the new vampire meets his wife) but the overall direction was headed nowhere fast. At least with Joran the show had something meaningful to say, even if it failed miserably. Can’t even say that much for Mars Red.
The show ended with this blonde kid looking wistful into the distance and saying “Frailty, thy name is vampire.” Pretty much sums up the show. Dumb but thinks it’s brilliant since it can act melancholic and quote Shakespeare.
- Storytelling – C – Could barely follow this.
- Voice – B – It’s unique I guess…
- Characters – C – Had trouble keeping track of them for the first half or so.
- Attention Grab – C – Boring.
- Production – B – Looked pretty for the most part.
- Overall – C-