Suffering. And poop.
See what I said for the first season, it’s more of the same (which is a good thing).
However, for me it didn’t quite live up to the first season. I think the main reason is that this all felt like a side story. It introduced all these new characters and the old ones were almost tangential to the story this time around. It didn’t have the sense of adventure and exploration of the first season, and it didn’t feel like the main characters were making progress towards their goal.
Also Mitty (among other things). Fuck this show.
- Storytelling – B – Didn’t feel as focused as the first season.
- Voice – A – Same great setting.
- Characters – A – Main ones were set aside but the new ones are great too.
- Attention Grab – A – Wish I could have looked away at times…
- Production – A – Looks amazing.
- Overall – A-
Recommendations – Shin Sekai Yori