The children continue to uncover the mysteries of Shadows House.
It’s just like the first season so see my review of that!
I’m impressed that it remains just as engaging even as the mysteries are revealed. Often shows like this are exciting when you don’t know what’s going on but once you figure things out, they lose some of their appeal. This season focused on some of the older children and a few adults which kept things interesting. I especially enjoyed the end of the arc.
- Storytelling – A – Great at slowly revealing things and keeping it mysterious.
- Voice – A – Excellent unique setting.
- Characters – A – Love the little details like how they refer to themselves in third person.
- Attention Grab – A – Always excited to see the next episode.
- Production – A – Looks great.
- Overall – A-
Recommendations – Shin Sekai Yori, Ghost Hound, Haibane Renmei
1 thought on “Shadows House S2 Review — A-”
I felt the writing was significantly worse in the second season, compared to the first. There was so much talking and info-dumping that at times I found it difficult to keep track of who was who and what was going on.