Shadows and living dolls live in a mysterious house.
This was really good. It’s a mystery where they slowly reveal what’s happening in the world to both the viewers and the characters. Then you see the characters grow and come together to survive. It keeps your interest by constantly feeding you little tidbits of information— but also delivered in the end (unlike Promised Neverland).
The characters all developed and grew on me through the show. Even Patrick turned out to be a good kid.
The only negative (if you can call it that) is now I have to read the manga…
- Storytelling – A – Great at building anticipation and showing the character growth.
- Voice – A – Such a unique setting.
- Characters – A – Paid attention to the small details and it paid off. For example, how the characters always spoke about themselves in the third person.
- Attention Grab – A – One of the shows I was most excited for each week.
- Production – A – Looking pretty good. Love the grainy Victorian look.
- Overall – A-
Recommendations – Shin Sekai Yori, Ghost Hound, Haibane Renmei