Everyone spends 25 episodes doing jacksquat.
I really want to like Re: Zero. The characters have a lot of personality, it seems like a cool world, I love the premise of watching Subaru suffer eternal torment.
But it just goes on and on with nothing happening. I can’t believe we wasted two seasons on this stupid sanctuary arc. We set the majority of the cast aside, for half the length of the show, and what did we get from it? Very little. Certainly not two seasons worth of development. They could have easily fit these two seasons into half the time. I was frankly kind of bored, despite really wanting to like this show!!!
Also I think it’s hilarious that this kid is named Garfiel.
- Storytelling – D – Please pick up the pace!
- Voice – B – Love the setting!
- Characters – B – I like them so why are you ditching most of them for two seasons??
- Attention Grab – D – Really lost interest in the middle.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – B-