A robot meets another time travelling robot. They try to prevent the future robots from killing all humans.
I feel like it at least had some ambition, with a story spanning a hundred years. You don’t get that from most anime.
But for me, it didn’t fully deliver. I think my main problem is that the main two robots are just boring. They pose and look cool but they’re very predictable and just not interesting. I kept waiting for the moment the time travelling robot would betray her and it would turn out she was working on behalf of humanity’s destruction all along, but it never happened. Would have made a much better story.
Also, as someone who works on robots, it’s harder to suspend your sense of disbelief regarding something you’re intimately familiar with, so the tropes around robots destroying the world and the singularity annoy me.
The true singularity was when after an entire century, Vivy finally added a second song to her repertoire.
- Storytelling – C – Seemed like it was never quite sure what it wanted to say.
- Voice – B – Really liked the long time span.
- Characters – D – Did not like the main two.
- Attention Grab – B – Mostly kept my interest.
- Production – B – Looks pretty good when it wants to.
- Overall – C+
Recommendations – Denno Coil, Eve no Jikan