As always, I did no research whatsoever. Click to see the full version.
I read some advice about how to write a good season preview, which was all completely wrong, so I had to get this post out as a demonstration. “Step 5: Actually Write the Post” was particularly terrible advice.
- Some awesome sequels next season. Psycho Pass, Log Horizon, and Chaika. I’m especially excited for more Chaika!
- A new Fate / Stay Night?!! Retelling both the TV series and the movie! From Rin’s perspective, too, which should give them plenty of creative license to deviate from the visual novel. I’m still pissed that they haven’t animated Heaven’s Feel, but this is pretty good too. The first TV show sucked so this one pretty much has to be better than the original. Although the Unlimited Blade Works movie was pretty good.
- Terra Formars was supposed to be good so I checked out the manga. I wasn’t too impressed. Basically a lot of people die after fighting giant cockroach men using insect powers. I can’t figure out what all the hype was about…
- A new slapstick show by KyoAni, Amagi Brilliant Park. Hopefully it can approach the genius of Nichijou.
- We also have various mecha and fantasy shows which I’m looking forward to. And a TV series from Studio Ghibli and a new Gundam show from Tomino.
A lot to look forward to next season!