The search for the gold continues.
I love this show so much. Everyone is nuts. The choice of subject matter is great— every other show avoids Japanese colonialism and the period from the Meiji restoration to WWII like the plague. Golden Kamuy dives right in and doesn’t pull any punches, with the main focus even being the Ainu and nearby minorities.
Then it switches to betrayals and pissing on peoples faces and naked men wrestling giant Russians and eating brains.
It’s as amazing as it sounds.
- Storytelling – A – Fabulous.
- Voice – A – Absolutely nothing like it.
- Characters – A – So good.
- Attention Grab – A – Kept me glued.
- Production – B – Looking good!
- Overall – A