Kids play badminton and treat each other like shit.
I hate sports shows, but this is one way to make me like one: turn your main character into history’s biggest asshole. What a piece of shit. I love this girl.
It was glorious. She started out as this nice, sweet girl, whose friend dragged her into badminton club. Then the BEAST was unleashed and she became a total bitch. It was truly glorious.
Most sports shows offer uplifting messages about friendship and bettering yourself through competition. Hanebado has sports turn people into monsters. I found it a much more interesting and, I dare say, honest, take.
- Storytelling – B – Really good sub-stories too.
- Voice – A – What great style. Loved the sweat.
- Characters – A – Holy shit I didn’t expect this.
- Attention Grab – B – Kept my interest easily, despite the subject matter.
- Production – B – Looking good.
- Overall – B+
Recommendations – Don’t ever play badminton
1 thought on “Hanebado Review — B+”
Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing.