Little children descend into the abyss. Unspeakable things happen to them.
Holy fuck, what an amazing show. One of the best in years. I love anime like this, where it takes cute little children and puts them through things worse than hell. What an amazing show.
It terrified me, it made me laugh, and it made me cry. It was beautiful and frightening. It captured the childlike longing for adventure and how truly terrifying such a thing is. It’s been a few years since any show enthralled me to such an extent.
I can’t find much more to say, because the show speaks for itself so eloquently. Watch it.
- Storytelling –A – Beautiful.
- Voice – A – Amazing setting. Nothing else like it.
- Characters – A – The inhuman mound of flesh that could only bite and blink its single eye had more character than most anime’s casts put together.
- Attention Grab – A – Sooo good.
- Production – A – Gorgeous. Perfect contrast between style and substance.
- Overall – A
Recommendations – Shin Sekai Yori, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
7 thoughts on “Made in Abyss Review — A”
You forgot to mention music. Kevin Penkin’s wonderful soundtrack really add that extra goodness to a show that’s already wonderful.
Yes, absolutely 🙂
Ok I really wanna watch this please tell me that the whole 8 year old kids aspect is not pedophilic creepy
It’s creepy but not pedophilic creepy. But definitely creepy.