This one is based on a collection of songs. I watched the music video for one of the songs and it was better than any of the episodes, even though the music wasn’t that great. So I’m not sure why this show exists.
The plot was difficult to follow. In summary: a bunch of children with magic powers make friends. Then snakes. It was too much effort to figure out much more and I didn’t care enough to bother to try.
It’s the same as most recent SHAFT shows: all style and no substance. Oh, and the style is the exact same of every one of their other shows.
- Storytelling – F – So confusing, no idea what’s going on.
- Voice – F – Same as always.
- Characters – C – I’ll admit, the characters are pretty interesting. I especially like the green girl. Sadly they aren’t used for much.
- Attention Grab – D – Occasionally an attention grabbing episode, mainly when there are battles. Unfortunately those are rare.
- Production – D – Ugh, SHAFT.
- Overall – D-