Two friends fight with magic.
This certainly had its flaws, but it also had things that I appreciated. First of all, I enjoyed the relationship between the main two characters, with how they spend all this time together and have the most ridiculous fights. The episode where the dragon got locked in his dresser was particularly amusing. Elf girlfriend is also good, obviously.
I enjoyed the setting as well. Or at least the idea of the setting. In practice, it was too complex for the show to communicate well. It seemed like everybody has these cool backstories, but I ended up unable to follow it all. Particularly the politics. I was totally lost for most of the politics.
In the end, although it had a few good things, it mostly ended up being a battle show with lots of magical political mumbo jumbo thrown in. Oh well.
- Storytelling – D – Confusing and I didn’t really see the point.
- Voice – C – Cool setting, I think? Maybe not.
- Characters – B – The main ones are good, the rest I couldn’t keep straight.
- Attention Grab – C – It was okay.
- Production – C – Seemed fine.
- Overall – C-
Recommendations – Fullmetal Alchemist, Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari