Wizards are lawyers and defend wizards with trials while fighting each other with golems.
This show is really boring. It has people fighting each other with wizard mecha so you wouldn’t think this would be the case. It also has lawyer battles.
Oh, and Norio Wakamoto is a perverted frog. How could this show not be good?
But it was painful to sit through. The frog barely shows up. The wizard battles are short and pointless. Everything involving lawyers is BS made up on the spot. These are kangaroo courts but we’re supposed to treat them as legitimate. For a show supposedly about the law, the acts of the courts are completely lawless. And no one even realizes this. Plus, there’s this whole subplot about how wizards are discriminated against, which is just stupid. Not backwards in that it accuses the victims like Mahouka but only in that it presents a one-dimensional and often silly view of discrimination.
Plus, it’s just… what’s the point? Why should I care about any of these people? I don’t know, because I don’t. I just spent the entire time hoping Norio Wakamoto would get more screentime.
- Storytelling – D – Didn’t care. Too confused and tried to do too much.
- Voice – C – Interesting ideas about wizards, but poorly used.
- Characters – C – Cecil is really boring. Most of the others are okay, but there are too many of them for anyone to really make an impact.
- Attention Grab – F – Took me a few months after it aired to finish it, so…
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – D
Recommendations – Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou (Not that I don’t recommend this, but if you like half-assed shows about little girls being sexually molested and using magic this is for you)