Goblin Slayer slays many goblins.
I liked this quite a bit. It’s a very simple, straightforward slayer. There is a guy who slays goblins. Then he slays more goblins. Then he makes friends and slays goblins with them.
It’s kind of a terrible show, as it basically depicts genocide, even if the goblins apparently deserve it. There are also multiple rape scenes. So, be aware of that.
I especially like all the fighting scenes. They’re much more interesting than fantasy anime like this usually are, since most of the fighting is about planning ahead and making traps. And the fighting is very raw and bloody. It reminds me a lot of Grimgar.
The more peaceful scenes also tend to be interesting, mainly because of Goblin Slayer’s character. He essentially has no interest in any conversation that doesn’t involve killing goblins. I found it amusing watching the other characters deal with his one track mind.
- Storytelling – B – Straightforward and simple.
- Voice – B – Violent and brutal.
- Characters – B – I liked Goblin Slayer’s character (I’m kind of surprised by this). His main party was amusing too.
- Attention Grab – A – I consistently enjoyed each episode.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – B