Shirou bones Rin with his sword.
My feelings about Unlimited Blade Works are quite similar to how I felt about Fate / Zero. I think the idea of Fate Stay Night (and the setting of Type Moon in general) is pretty awesome. It gets my chuuni blood flowing. But… the way they tell the story is so unbelievably dull. Everything moves so slowly. Everything has to be explained. And approximately half of the screen time consists of the characters shouting idiotic half-baked bullshit philosophies at each other.
But the setting is great, the battle scenes look amazing, and after 50+ episodes I finally got to see Gilgamesh get the shit beaten out of him. It was totally worth it. I think.
- Storytelling – D – Boring. Stop talking, hurry up and kill each other.
- Voice – B – Love the Type Moon setting.
- Characters – B – A bunch of interesting characters (except for Shirou and Saber, obviously).
- Attention Grab – D – I never had much motivation to watch this.
- Production – A – Damn those battles look amazing.
- Overall – C+
Recommendations – Fate / Zero, Kara no Kyoukai