It was a terrible, terrible anime. The worst. I liked it.
I feel like it started off being very, very dull and slowly got better and better. I’m not sure exactly how this happened since all the characters who they built up in the earlier parts would immediately die. It’s a strange show in that it’s a battle royale where who is going to die when is absolutely not a secret. So there isn’t much suspense or surprise, which is usually the point of battle royale shows like this. Instead it focuses on developing the characters. Which is just kind of mean since you know they’re about to die, and it all feels pointless. But I guess that’s the point.
I don’t know. Hopefully the incoherence of my review reflects the incoherence of my actual thoughts regarding this show.
- Storytelling – B – It certainly is an interesting way of telling a story.
- Voice – B – Quite unique.
- Characters – B – Some are really good (i.e., Tiger, Rat, Ox) some really suck.
- Attention Grab – B – Kept my interest throughout.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – B-
Recommendations – Rokka no Yuusha, Danganronpa 3
1 thought on “Juuni Taisen Review — B-”