A new fiance appears. Onee-chan is a raging lesbian lolicon.
At first I thought this would be another slice of life show where nothing happens aside from girls acting cute and that I would quickly drop it as I’ve done with most other shows of the same ilk. Fortunately, I was incorrect. Mikakunin de Shinkoukei does have things happen. It is subdued (which is a good thing, perhaps) but there’s drama. It’s not as if the sole purpose of the show is to smile while looking at cute girls.
It’s also funny. Well, at least if you think a crazed sister obsessed with little girls is funny. I am ashamed to admit this but… apparently I do, which I only just realized from watching this. I don’t know what else to say.
In short, surprisingly decent. Not the greatest show ever, but some solid entertainment to kill a bit of time. I should mention that there is a development in the middle of the series that was considered controversial and made some people angry. I don’t know though, it felt perfectly natural to me and didn’t seem like a big deal.
- Storytelling – B – Good use of humor, subdued drama that’s never over the top (except maybe the last episode).
- Voice – C – Distinctive blend of an unusual romance, slice of life and comedy elements.
- Characters – B – Great, except for the male love interest who is as exciting as a sack of bricks. That’s kind of the point with him though.
- Attention Grab – C – There were a few parts where I lost interest. Mainly parts involving the male love interest (I am intentionally not calling him the “male lead”).
- Production – B – Looking good.
- Overall – C+