Three girls goof off.
At first, this seems like it should be really boring. But it was actually entertaining. Instead of being about nothing, like Flying Witch, it’s a comedy. With an excellent sense of comedic timing.
Sansha Sanyou has a goofy sense of humor, mostly centered around the characters’ personalities. For example, one girl will eat anything and is kind of dumb. Another has a bit of a mean streak which leads to amusing results. The third main character acts like an ojou-sama but is dirt poor.
I’m not explaining this very well, but I suppose that if you have to explain a joke it isn’t funny. Sansha Sanyou may not be everybody’s cup of tea, but I liked it.
- Storytelling – B – Good jokes. Not the kind that will leave you rolling on the floor laughing, but I can’t think of a single segment that fell flat.
- Voice – B – Feels like it should be generic but strong characters keep it memorable.
- Characters – B – Every girl is best girl.
- Attention Grab – B – Kept my interest throughout, despite the subject matter.
- Production – C – Looks fine.
- Overall – B