This came out a couple months ago, but if you haven’t seen it yet, don’t worry, because you haven’t missed anything. I’ll summarize the entire thing. We start with an exciting two minute intro of copy-pasted pages from the manga. Then:
- Someone interacts with Morita.
- Morita thinks for several minutes about what to say next.
- She doesn’t say anything.
- Misunderstandings and lesbian hijinks occur.
- Two boys comment about how jealous they are.
- Repeat ad nauseum for twenty minutes.
The only times I even cracked a smile were when Morita’s mother appeared.
This OVA was a teaser episode for a show that’s airing this summer. If the jokes have gotten old before the first episode has even aired, then we’re in for some trouble. I won’t even bother going into how terrible the animation was or how faceless the supporting cast was since, well, if a comedy isn’t even funny, what’s the point?