Cute girls discover the futility of their labor.
No, fuck that shit.
I’ll love any show about people at work… but this one hits particularly close to home. It does a great job at capturing the office life. Goofing off with your weird coworkers, working towards a common goal while simultaneously recognizing that it’s all pointless and you’re wasting your life away… Great stuff!
It’s quite similar to Shirobako. Shirobako is better, but New Game’s great too. In some ways I think New Game is a lot more brutal than Shirobako… in Shirobako the characters often feel like they’re working towards some kind of important goal. In New Game they occasionally do too, but it’s much harder to maintain that delusion.
- Storytelling – B – Good humor, makes you feel invested in the very minor struggles of the characters.
- Voice – B – Strong voice, good subject.
- Characters – B – Simple but strong characters. (FYI, Aoba’s boss is totally me… except for the walking around naked and working hard.)
- Attention Grab – B – Kept my interest throughout.
- Production – C – Looks decent.
- Overall – B